Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Major and The Minor (Wilder, 1942)

Never went to sleep last night, half-crazed from some film failure, but I knew my mood would brighten when the perverts over at TCM programmed this as their early brunchtime sweet Sunday soucon. Wilder's first directorial effort in the USA, Ginger Roger's finest performance. Ray Milland is perfect. The cleanliness of Billy's comedic and narrative line has never been matched, nor the way the scales balance satire and tenderness, always attempted, never achieved but for the master. Cameron Faggot Crowe's nutzoid about Billy always baffled me--Crowe's got Wilder's heart (maybe a bit too much), but Wilder's brain was full of razor blades. Crowe's is full of confetti and Elton John B-Sides.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

Great blog! I have added it to my list and will
check in often.

My site is about Guaranteed Credit Cards, and you can
see it below if that interests you.

Best Wishes,
Ken
Guaranteed Credit Cards

8:25 PM  
Blogger Larry Fouch said...

Ken, you content spammer, fuck you.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home